Transportation, Port & Maritime
As part of the Jewish Federation of New Orleans’ mission trip to Israel, the Transportation/Port/Maritime track has developed the following itinerary with the goal of strengthening Louisiana’s economic ties with Israel. The group’s focus will be to increase, trade through imports from and exports to the country, build strategic relationships, and explore new business opportunities across the Transportation/Port/Maritime space.
Participants in this track will meet with Israeli companies on the forefront of maritime technology and cybersecurity. They will also visit the headquarters of one of the top container shipping companies in the world. Additionally, track participants will meet with Israel’s Ministry of Transportation and Israeli port officials to hear from Israeli diplomats and professionals dedicated to transportation, port and maritime business and issues. The itinerary for this track captures a wide-range of emerging maritime, port and transportation activities on the ground in Israel, and promises to be an exciting, educational and incredible journey in Israel through the focused lens of maritime, port, and transportation issues.
- Port of Haifa – Israel’s largest and chief port. Tour and meet with the port’s Chairman of the Board, Eshel Armony, for an overview of Israel’s maritime trade.
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services – meet with Haifa-based ZIM is one of the largest container-shipping companies in the world and its vessels regularly call on the Port of New Orleans.
- ZKCyberStar – meet with ZKCyberStar, a new subsidiary of ZIM offering a full range of cybersecurity services, tailor-made for the maritime industry, to increase cyber readiness and ensure business continuity in the event of cyber-attack.
- WAVE BL – meet with WAVE BL, whose electronic bill of lading system optimizes the flow of cargo by eliminating reliance on paper-based documents with a blockchain-backed digital platform that takes the place of paper in exchange for a more secure, automated solution, where carriers can issue, possess, transmit and sign digital documents within minutes.
- Visit the headquarters of the Israel Ports Authority. Based in Tel Aviv, the IPA is Israel’s governmental agency responsible for supervising, regulating, and operating Israel’s seaports in Haifa, Ashdod and Eilat.
- Visit Dock Tech. Dock Tech is the developer of a unique technology that empowers maritime stakeholders with data insights for improved, faster shipping. Among its other purposes, Dock Tech collects information relating to dredge quantities and other maritime-related services that are of interest to the Louisiana maritime community.
- Israel’s Ministry of Transportation – Visit and meet with Merav Michaeli, Israel’s Minister of Transportation (subject to availability).
- Yitzhak Navon Railway– visit the city of Jerusalem’s terminus of Israel’s new high-speed rail connecting it to Tel Aviv, to learn about the impact on transportation in Israel.
- Port of Haifa
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services
- WAVE BL
- Israel Ports Authority
- Dock Tech
- Israel’s Ministry of Transportation
- Yitzhak Navon Railway
GET IN TOUCH
For track specific questions, please contact: