Maritime, Cybersecurity & Technology
As part of the Jewish Federation of New Orleans’ mission trip to Israel, the Maritime, Cybersecurity & Technology track has developed the following itinerary with the goal of strengthening Louisiana’s economic ties with Israel. The group’s focus will be to increase, trade through imports from and exports to the country, build strategic relationships, and explore new business opportunities.
Participants in this track will meet with Israeli companies on the forefront of maritime technology and cybersecurity. They will also visit the headquarters of one of the top container shipping companies in the world. The itinerary for this track captures a wide-range of emerging technologies on the ground in Israel, and promises to be an exciting, educational and incredible journey in Israel.
- Port of Haifa – Israel’s largest and chief port. Tour and meet with the port’s Chairman of the Board, Eshel Armony, for an overview of Israel’s maritime trade.
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services – meet with Haifa-based ZIM is one of the largest container-shipping companies in the world and its vessels regularly call on the Port of New Orleans.
- ZKCyberStar – meet with ZKCyberStar, a new subsidiary of ZIM offering a full range of cybersecurity services, tailor-made for the maritime industry, to increase cyber readiness and ensure business continuity in the event of cyber-attack.
- WAVE BL – meet with WAVE BL, whose electronic bill of lading system optimizes the flow of cargo by eliminating reliance on paper-based documents with a blockchain-backed digital platform that takes the place of paper in exchange for a more secure, automated solution, where carriers can issue, possess, transmit and sign digital documents within minutes.
- Visit the headquarters of the Israel Ports Authority. Based in Tel Aviv, the IPA is Israel’s governmental agency responsible for supervising, regulating, and operating Israel’s seaports in Haifa, Ashdod and Eilat.
- Visit and meet with the leadership of Cynet, which provides leading Autonomous Breach Protection Platform. Its XDR prevents and detects threats on endpoints, networks, and users and triggers for each identified threat an automated investigation flow that reveals the attack’s scope and root cause and applies automated remediation.
- Visit and dialogue with the leadership of Cellebrite, the global leader in partnering with public and private organizations to transform how they manage Digital Intelligence in investigations to protect and save lives, accelerate justice, and ensure data privacy.
- Visit Dock Tech. Dock Tech is the developer of a unique technology that empowers maritime stakeholders with data insights for improved, faster shipping. Among its other purposes, Dock Tech collects information relating to dredge quantities and other maritime-related services that are of interest to the Louisiana maritime community.
- Port of Haifa
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services
- WAVE BL
- Israel Ports Authority
- Dock Tech
GET IN TOUCH
For questions, please contact Aaron Bloch at email@example.com.