Israel’s Commercial Landscape
Participants on this track will experience an integrated investigation into Israel’s economic possibilities with the State of Louisiana. Each day of the mission will focus on a particular industry sector: Maritime & Port; Technology & Innovation; and Energy & Renewables. The group’s focus will be to increase, trade through imports from and exports to the country, build strategic relationships, and explore new business opportunities.
The track will meet with Israeli companies, government officials, and participants will have the opportunity to schedule one-on-one business to business meetings with Israeli companies and business leaders. The itinerary for this track captures a wide-range of emerging technologies on the ground in Israel, and promises to be an exciting, educational and incredible journey in Israel.
Maritime & Port (Location: Haifa)
- Port of Haifa – Israel’s largest and chief port. Tour and meet with the port’s Chairman of the Board, Eshel Armony, for an overview of Israel’s maritime trade.
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services – Visit ZIM Integrated Shipping Services. Haifa-based ZIM is one of the largest container-shipping companies in the world and its vessels regularly call on the Port of New Orleans.
- ZKCyberStar – Cyberstar is a boutique cybersecurity consultancy for maritime and logistics companies, created as a subsidiary of ZIM and in partnership with Konfidas – a leading cybersecurity outfit.
- Dock Tech – Dock Tech is the developer of a unique technology that empowers maritime stakeholders with data insights for improved, faster shipping. Among its other purposes, Dock Tech collects information relating to dredge quantities and other maritime-related services that are of interest to the Louisiana maritime community.
- Israel Ports Authority – The IPA is Israel’s governmental agency responsible for supervising, regulating, and operating Israel’s seaports in Haifa, Ashdod and Eilat.
Technology & Innovation (Location: Tel Aviv and surrounding areas)
- WAVE BL – meet with WAVE BL, whose electronic bill of lading system optimizes the flow of cargo by eliminating reliance on paper-based documents with a blockchain-backed digital platform that takes the place of paper in exchange for a more secure, automated solution, where carriers can issue, possess, transmit and sign digital documents within minutes.
- Cynet – Cynet provides a leading Autonomous Breach Protection Platform. Its XDR prevents and detects threats on endpoints, networks, and users and triggers for each identified threat an automated investigation flow that reveals the attack’s scope and root cause and applies automated remediation.
- Cellebrite – Cellebrite is the global leader in partnering with public and private organizations to transform how they manage Digital Intelligence in investigations to protect and save lives, accelerate justice, and ensure data privacy.
- SifTech – SifTech, the Jerusalem Entrepreneurship Club, located in the JVP Media Quarter and meet with Palestinian and Israeli start-up mentors and mentees from the Startup HUB Project, and participate in a “pitching” session.
- Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) – CERT is responsible for handling cyber incidents in Israel’s civilian cybersphere. Located in Be’er Sheva’s Cyberspark hi-tech park, CERT receives and handles hundreds of reports and information about cyber-attack attempts or threats, from local and international partners, daily.
Energy & Renewables (Location: Jerusalem)
- Site visit and symposium, US-Israel Energy Center at Hebrew University (Jerusalem): High-level, non-proprietary discussion related to innovation in the area of sustainability.
- Meet and Greet with Israeli Government officials: The purpose of this session is to cultivate an exchange between Louisiana and key members of the Israel’s Ministry of Energy and Ministry of Transportation by identifying industry-related synergies; discussing new projects and technologies; and exploring growth opportunities.
- Port of Haifa
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services
- WAVE BL
- Israel Ports Authority
- Dock Tech
- US-Israel Energy Center
GET IN TOUCH
For questions, please contact Aaron Bloch at firstname.lastname@example.org.